TWENTY THIRTEEN: CONTEMPORARY FEMINISM

One of my many passions is Art. As an art history student, I am grateful that I am still able to express my love for contemporary art and photography. My most loved work being that of feminist artists Tracey Emin and Sarah Lucas. I'm really interested in photography, especially portraits and I'm drawn to both photographs and paintings which depict people rather than objects and scenery. I feel that whilst viewing works portraying people, you become more intrigued and a lot more questions are raised for my personally. You wonder who they are, where they came from, what their life has been like up until this photograph, and most importantly what is the story behind the photograph? Why are they being photographed? What makes them so special? Recently I have been really intrigued by an artist/photographer called Eleanor Hardwick. As a huge lover of fashion as well as art, I came across her work after she photographed clothes for one of my favourite designers, Meadham Kirchoff. 
She has since produced a series of photographs called "Girls/Ghosts" which was featured in Doomed Gallery in London as part of an exhibition called "Twenty Thirteen." It celebrates the work of various emerging female photographers around the world, focusing on vines, personal diaries, scrapbooks and more. I personally find her work haunting and dark, which is something i love in photography; mystery. 









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

Follow playwright fate

About

Follow playwright fate